France Football has finally disclosed the nominees for the 2018 Ballon d’Or award.
The Ballon d’Or is an annual football award that is presented by France Football to honor the player that has showed high standard performance over a period of a year.
This year’s 30-man shortlist sees a majority of players coming from Real Madrid. A total of fourteen players from La Liga have made it to the list followed by eleven from English Premier League, three from the French Ligue 1 and two from the Italian Serie A .
Luka Modric, Mohamed Salah , Lionel Messi, Christiano Ronaldo and Paul Pogba are amongst those who haven’t failed to make the list.
Luka Modric, who has won both the UEFA Player of The Year and FIFA Best Men’s titles, has been dubbed as the main contender for the Ballon d’Or, beating Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo to both Awards.
See the full shortlist below:
- Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
- Alisson Becker (AS Roma/Liverpool)
- Gareth Bale (Real Madrid)
- Karim Benzema (Real Madrid)
- Edinson Cavani (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Roberto Firmino (Liverpool)
- Thibaut Courtois (Chelsea/Real Madrid)
- Kevin De Buryne (Manchester City)
- Diego Godin (Atletico Madrid)
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid/Juventus)
- Eden Hazard (Chelsea)
- Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur)
- Antoine Griezmann (Atletico Madrid)
- Isco (Real Madrid)
- N’Golo Kante (Chelsea)
- Mario Mandzukic (Juventus)
- Sadio Mane (Liverpool)
- Marcelo (Real Madrid)
- Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Lionel Messi (FC Barcelona)
- Luka Modric (Real Madrid)
- Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Jan Oblak (Atletico Madrid)
- Paul Pogba (Manchester United)
- Ivan Rakitic (FC Barcelona)
- Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
- Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)
- Luis Suarez (FC Barcelona)
- Raphael Varane (Real Madrid)
- Hugo Lloris (Tottenham Hotspur)
The Ballon d’Or award will broadcast on 3 December. Whose hands do you think the Ballon d’Or will end up on?
Follow us on Twitter @hiphopdlx